Monday, October 26, 2009

One week: Arthur Christian Viado Photography

Ok, sorry everyone... I know we've been slacking on our posts... :) Also, more updates to come soon! The photos I'm posting today, are from last week.... so now that it has been ONE WEEK since the guys started on our house, there has been a lot more work done!

To give you a sneak peak into our "Floors," we've decided to go the "Stained Cement" route... not only will it give a great "new" "contemporary" look, but it allows us to use the existing concrete, and it is so COST EFFECTIVE!! Here is a video of a How to Stain video I've found on You Tube:


...Pretty neat, ehh? Add in a few area rugs, and voila! An awesome house, with awesome floors, and it saves us enough money to buy the area rug for the awesome house! haha.

This week, in the life of J.T.House, we've been busy with work, work, work... and checking on the house.... but it hasn't been ALL WORK AND NO PLAY... T has found time to play Call of Duty.... and J went riding yesterday! woohoo!

Today, we're meeting up with my mom for lunch, and to go look at cabinets. In the meantime, enjoy our photos our friend Ian took of our house last week. He's done photography as a hobby, and is now ready to go PRO! I think his images are just as amazing as professional photographers I've worked with. After you view the photos below, check out his work: Arthur Christian Viado Photography
He's available to shoot YOUR NEXT SPECIAL event: Family, Weddings, Friends, Corporate, Pets, everything! You'll love his photos!

Ok...... now on to some House shots Ian took:

We have a trench in the middle of our house. New piping!

Tim and an electrician pulled cables all throughout our house!
I love this shot of the pool... Yes, its a junk house... but we're fixing it up! HGTV, here we come! Shows we could be featured on: Over Your Head (lol), Hammer Heads, Bang for your Buck, Renovation Realities, Cater Can, 10 Grand in Your Hand... just to name a few!
I like this shot too.... it shows the versatility of Ian's photography skills!
Lights, Camera, Action! Recessed lights all throughout our House!
This shot is looking in from the back bedroom, into the 3rd bedroom, into the family room, into the living room. haha... Yeah.... right now, you can see the whole house.
Hallway... we'll have an arched hallway. N.I.C.E.
Before shot of the backyard. (After shot may not come until 2010 or 2011)

Hope you enjoyed our photos! Be sure to leave a comment!! (We like those!)

~Jenn

3 comments:

  1. Very cool! Glad to see you got the ball rolling. Where is the all the wiring for Tim's 72" flat screen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait till the house is done.

    HOUSE PARTY!!!!

    Tim, I know you're not gonna get one, but just imagine how much more enjoyable the sniping would be getting headshots on a 72" screen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!!! I didn't know you guys had this blog...just saw a link to it on Facebook. I'm really glad things are starting to take shape and I'm praying for a miracle...it would be so sweet for you to be moved in by Christmas!!! =0)

    I really enjoyed reading your comments as well as seeing the pictures and video. Please keep 'em coming! =0) Miss you guys...and love you lots!

    P.S. I'll be home Dec.30th - and I'd love to help with any planting/landscaping you need or anything else I can do...super excited for you two! =0)

    ReplyDelete